This one has been on my to-do list for ages, right up there with the Heinz Ketchup one (maybe that one makes an appearance later this year?!) and I finally did it.
These cupcakes, can also be a cake or baked in a loaf pan apparently, are easy to make and use ingredients you probably already have in the house. Here’s a link to the recipe that I used Tomato Soup Spice Cupcakes.
I made a small change and omitted the cream cheese icing:
What You Need:
- 2 Cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon all spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup of butter or stick margerine
- 1 1/3 cups of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 can on condensed tomato soup
Here’s What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 350degrees
- Line two muffin tins (24)
- Combine all the dry ingredients (except the sugar) in a bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl cream the sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the soup and milk, and then add the flour mixture. Stir until combined.
- Divide evenly and then bake for 20 minutes. Check to see that they are done by inserting a toothpick. If it comes out clean, they are done!
- Let cool for 20 minutes.
These are great iced or un-iced. The recipe on the Cambell’s site includes instructions for cream cheese icing but I just used store bought whipped vanilla icing and they were great.